Our DTP is a collaboration between 8 academic departments across the University of Leeds, the University of Hull and the University of York. These include all departments of the University of Leeds involved in environmental sciences facing the UK Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), the Wolfson Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratory at the University of York and the Energy and Environment Institute at the University of Hull.
PhD projects can be wholly hosted in one of these departments, or can be supervised jointly by staff from two or more departments and/or universities. Many of our research projects are multi-disciplinary and involve industry involvement through collaborations and CASE (Collaborative Awards in Science and Engineering) studentships. PhD students are trained in a wide range of scientific and personal skills through individualized training and DTP cohort training provided centrally by the DTP.
- University of Leeds School of Earth and Environment
- University of Leeds School of Biology
- University of Leeds School of Chemistry
- University of Leeds School of Geography
- University of Leeds School of Mathematics
- University of Leeds School Civil Engineering
- University of York Wolfson Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratory
- University of Hull Energy and Environment Institute